Oxidizable blocks from Fabric mod don't oxidize on when on Quilt

Hi, I’m making a Fabric mod where one of the features are new types of oxidizable copper blocks, I achieve this by implementing the oxidizable class into a new “Oxidizable Block”, this makes the block oxidize when on Fabric but not on Quilt, are there any changes to the way you make blocks oxidizable on Quilt or is there another step or something else I’m missing?

I don’t see you mention Fabric’s OxidizableBlocksRegistry. Any oxidizable blocks should be registered using that class, like this.

If that still doesn’t work, Quilt has an API that allows you to define all of this through JSON, here’s the javadoc that specifies the path, now that I’m looking at it the javadoc really need some improvements.

But tl;dr the format of the JSON file is similar to tags:

{
  "replace": false,
  "values": {
    "<your block to oxidize id>": "<the id of the oxidized version of the block",
    ...etc
  }
}

Sorry for not mentioning the OxidizableBlocksRegistry, totally forgot about it :sweat_smile:

So if I’m currently registering the blocks like this:

OxidizableBlocksRegistry.registerOxidizableBlockPair(COPPER_BARS, EXPOSED_COPPER_BARS);
OxidizableBlocksRegistry.registerOxidizableBlockPair(EXPOSED_COPPER_BARS, WEATHERED_COPPER_BARS);
OxidizableBlocksRegistry.registerOxidizableBlockPair(WEATHERED_COPPER_BARS, OXIDIZED_COPPER_BARS);

I need to make a json that looks like this?:

{
  "replace": false,
  "values": {
    "clutter:copper_bars": "clutter:exposed_copper_bars",
    "clutter:exposed_copper_bars": "clutter:weathered_copper_bars",
    "clutter:weathered_copper_bars": "clutter:oxidized_copper_bars"
  }
}

To me that JSON looks correct so far

Yeah it’s not doing anything… The blocks don’t oxidize but they can be scraped to go back an oxidation state and they can be waxed. Does random ticks work in a different way on quilt?

Nvm just had to reload :laughing:

Tysm for helping!

1 Like